illy Caffè Malaysia Merdeka Giveaway Contest
Rules & Regulations
1. Contest starts on Friday, 13 August 2021, and ends on Saturday, 21 August 2021 at 11.59 p.m. (UTC/GMT +8 hours).
2. Contest is open to all Malaysian citizens or legal residents with permanent addresses in Malaysia only.
3. Participant must be 18 years and above or older.
4. Entries must fulfil the required steps to qualify as an entry:
Steps to Participate
Step 1: Like and Follow illy Caffè Malaysia on Facebook
Step 2: Tag 3 friends within the comment section of the contest post
Step 3: Share the contest post on your Facebook page
Step 1: Follow @illyMalaysia on Instagram
Step 2: Tag 3 friends within the comment section of the contest post
Step 3: Share @illyMalaysia contest post on your Instagram Story
Step 4: Make sure your Instagram profile is set to public so we can see it!
Total: 5 lucky winners
1 x Y3.3 iperEspresso Machine (worth of RM 799 each)
2 x illy logo Mug (worth of RM 50 each)
2 x illy instant coffee can 95g (worth of RM 48 each)
1. Lucky winners need to disclose their personal information, which includes their full name, identification card number, telephone number and mailing address, via Personal Message to illy Caffè Malaysia’s Facebook or Instagram account. If the winning participant is unable to provide all the requested details, the organizer reserves the right to select another winner.
2. In the event the winner is required to attend a prize giving ceremony and/or participate in a publicity program (if applicable) that maybe organized by the Organizer from time to time, all expenses incurred in attending the event are at the sole discretion of the winner.
3. Winners are required to top up for delivery charges (only applicable if the winner’s delivery address is at East Malaysia). The Organizer will be forfeited and no correspondence or appeal will be entertained if the winners refused to pay for the delivery charges.
4. All prizes are strictly non-transferable & non-exchangeable. Prize cannot redeemed for cash.
1. Giveaway contest starts on Friday, 13 August 2021, and ends on Saturday, 21 August 2021 at 11.59 p.m. (UTC/GMT +8 hours).
2. Participants can tag more than 3 friends.
3. The Contest Organizer will combine all the participants form both Facebook and Instagram for winners selection.
4. Winners will be announced on illy Caffè Malaysia’s Facebook and/or Instagram page, and will be contacted via Personal Message to provide further details. In the event that the Contest organizer is unable to contact the winners after the first contact, the organizer reserves the right to select another winner.
6. illy Caffè Malaysia will not entertain any dispute from any party once judges select the list of winners. illy Caffè Malaysia’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Contest will be final, not be questioned and no correspondence shall be entertained.
Terms & Conditions
1. illy Caffè Malaysia “Merderka Month Giveaway Contest” (herein referred to as the Contest) is open only to legal residents of Malaysia. Employees of illy Caffè Malaysia, and their parents and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Organizer’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
Organizer: Cedro Sdn. Bhd. (“illy Caffè Malaysia”) – Unit 3-13, Level 13, Naza Tower, Platinum Park, No. 10, Persiaran KLCC 50088 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
2. By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless Organizer, Facebook, Instagram, illy Caffè Malaysia, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
3. illy Caffè Malaysia reserves the right to change, extend or terminate the Contest Period at its sole and absolute discretion without any prior notice based on the grand opening date of illy Caffè Pavilion Kuala Lumpur.
4. illy Caffè Malaysia reserves the right to change the prizes to other prizes of the same value at any point of time without prior notice. The prizes are non-transferable and are not exchangeable for any other form, i.e. cash, goods, credit or services in part or in full. Pictures of the prizes shown in the promotional materials are for illustration purposes only. Actual prizes may differ from the pictures shown. illy Caffè Malaysia’s decision regarding the award of all prizes, and/or in relation to this Contest including any not covered in these Terms and Conditions, shall be final and binding on all participants, and no queries, challenges or appeals may be made or entertained. Where required by illy Malaysia, winners shall be required to complete official release forms prior to the receipt of the relevant prize(s), failing which illy Caffè Malaysia reserves the right to forfeit the prize and dispose of the same as it deems fit.
5. All applicable taxes and any other statutory levy as may be applicable from time to time in relation to the prize shall be borne by the winners.
6. In the event that illy Caffè Malaysia opts to contact the potential winner by phone, email or personal message and is unable to get through the potential winner(s) due to any reason whatsoever such as the call being out of coverage, unanswered or out of service, illy Caffè Malaysia will then make another two (2) attempts to contact the potential winner(s) within four (4) working days. Where such attempts are unsuccessful, illy Caffè Malaysia hereby reserves the right to select the next eligible Participant where the same process of selecting the winner will be repeated until a new potential winner is identified.
7. illy Caffè Malaysia will select a total of FIVE (5) lucky winners from Participants who participate within the duration of the whole Contest.
8. Multiple entries per participant are allowed. However, each participant stands a chance to win ONE (1) prize only throughout the duration of the contest.
9. This contest is only applicable on Facebook and Instagram with the respective steps. Any submission outside of the requirements will not be counted as contest submission.
10. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute winner’s consent to allow the use of the winner’s name, image, biographical data and/or likeness by illy Caffè Malaysia for the purposes of interviews, photo-taking, editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law.
11. All Contest entries and all copyright and other rights in such entries and/or other materials become the property of illy Caffè Malaysia and shall not be returned. The participant agrees to provide a written assignment of all rights to illy Caffè Malaysia if requested.
12. illy Caffè Malaysia reserves the right to disqualify any Participant in the event that a submission is removed or deleted within six (6) months from the Contest end date. All winners are required to keep their profiles public until receiving their prize for recording purposes.
13. illy Caffè Malaysia collects personal information (“Personal Information”) in order to conduct the Contest and may (and is hereby acknowledged and consented by you that illy Caffè Malaysia may), for this purpose, disclose the Personal Information to third parties, including, but not limited to, prize suppliers and regulatory authorities. Your entry is conditional upon the provision of the Personal Information to illy Caffè Malaysia. illy Caffè Malaysia may for an indefinite period unless otherwise advised, use the Personal Information for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes including sending electronic messages or calling the entrant by telephone. Participants should direct any request to access, update or correct Personal Information to illy Caffè Malaysia. Winners who fail to provide all requested Personal Information may be disqualified from claiming their prizes.
14. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of being carried on as planned, due to without limitation infection by any computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, act of God, war (whether or not declared), political coup or insurrection, rebellion, labour dispute, fire, epidemic, storm, flood, typhoon, explosion, legal enactment, government directive, order or regulation, any law or regulation having force of law or any other reason or cause beyond the control of illy Caffè Malaysia, which corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, illy Caffè Malaysia reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the process for this Contest and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. illy Caffè Malaysia is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer software and/or equipment, failure of any e-mail account or any combination thereof.
15. illy Caffè Malaysia (“Cedro Sdn. Bhd.”) and illy Caffè Malaysia subsidiaries, affiliates and their respective parent companies (collectively “Gruppo illy SpA”) shall not be responsible for (i) any failure or discontinuation of this Contest due to any infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of illy Caffè Malaysia; (ii) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, any communications line failure, technical malfunction of computer on-line systems, servers, providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) any failure of any e-mail or communications to be received by illy Caffè Malaysia or you on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or any Website, or any combination thereof; (iv) any theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any of your acts conducted under the Contest or your account information, including any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest; (v) any printing or typographical errors in any Contest related materials; (vi) registrations (or updates or amendments to registrations) that are lost, misdirected, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including without limitation electronic, computer, telephone, paper transfer, mail system, human or other error; or (vii) inability to access any website associated with the Contest.
16. By participating in the contest, you waive any right to claim ambiguity in these terms and conditions, and to the maximum extent permitted by law, release illy Caffè Malaysia and/or its agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders and employees from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions, or any liability of any kind resulting from or arising from (i) this Contest or the prize, (ii) your participation in the Contest (including but not limited to any acceptance, possession, use, misuse, or non-use of the prize by the winner), or (iii) the negligence of illy Caffè Malaysia. illy Caffè Malaysia shall not be held liable to any Participant, for any damages, claim, demand or compensation arising out of participation in the Contest.
17. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold illy Caffè Malaysia, and all its officers, directors, owners, agents, employees, information providers, licensors and licensees (together, the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any and all liability and costs incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising out of (i) your use of or access to the Contest and Contest site; (ii) violation or any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions; or (iii) violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property or privacy right. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive the termination of this agreement. illy Caffè Malaysia reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who breaches these Terms and Conditions and who tampers with the underlying system and the operation of the Contest.
18. You acknowledge and agree that no form of cheating will be tolerated. Any persons found cheating, as determined in the sole and absolute discretion of illy Caffè Malaysia, will immediately be disqualified from the Contest. Cheating includes, but is not limited to, using multiple identification numbers, tampering with, hacking of the Contest site, participating in the Contest without meeting the eligibility requirements, using any automated software or device to gain an advantage during the Contest, use of the Contest beyond the defined rules of the Contest, attempting to disable or overwhelm any of illy Caffè Malaysia’s websites or the Contest site, attempting to disrupt any portion of the Contest, including but not limited to, allowing somebody else to use your personal information, or tampering with entry process. Any attempt by a person to deliberately damage any of illy Caffè Malaysia’s websites or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws; and should such an attempt be made, illy Caffè Malaysia reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
19. illy Caffè Malaysia’s failure to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that or of any other provision. The Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law, and is subject to all applicable laws.
20. All parts of these Terms and Conditions shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by law. If any provision of this agreement shall be held to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, then such provision shall be replaced with terms that most closely match the intent of the parties and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in full force and effect. The section titles in these Terms and Conditions do not limit the other terms of this agreement.
21. No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this Contest or these Terms and Conditions. Any and all disputes regarding this Contest, including without limitation, eligibility for the Contest, competition results and the prizes, will be determined by illy Caffè Malaysia at its sole discretion, and such decisions shall be final and binding on Participants of the Contest.
22. illy Caffè Malaysia will be entitled at its sole discretion, to terminate or modify the Contest or to modify these Terms at any time prior to the closing date, by posting the revised Terms on the website. Continued participation in the Contest will constitute acceptance of the changes made by illy Caffè Malaysia. If a participant does not agree with any such change, the participant should stop participating in the Contest. Participants agree that illy Caffè Malaysia shall not be liable to the participant for any loss or damages arising as a result of any such change or discontinuation.
23. The Terms and Conditions for this Contest will be governed and construed according to the laws of Malaysia. The Malaysian courts have jurisdiction in relation to any claim or action arising out of, or in connection with, the Terms and Conditions.
24. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.